SurgeryPod Now Available at our Surgery : Please click on the link below
Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Nurse Practitioner appointments are for strictly Over 2 year olds.
- Urine Infections
- Chest Infections
- Skin / Wound Infections
- Ear, Nose and Throat Infections
- Emergency Contraception
- Exacerbation of Asthma
- Exacerbation of COPD
- Post op wound problems
- Period problems
- Minor Injuries and Burns
- Diabetic related problems.
MSK Specialist - the MSK specialist can assess you and give some advice on how to manage your problem or refer you for investigations and more formal treatment if required. Conditions Musculoskeletal specialist could help with :
- Back or Neck Pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Sprained Ankles / Knees
- Should Pain
- Osteoarthritis / Sports Injuries
- Trapped Nerves
Please be advised the MSK specialist can only see you for one problem per one appointment. Thank you
Additional Services provided by Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants
- Blood pressure checks - including 24 hour monitoring.
- Cervical smears
- Contraception Services - including emergency contraception, chlamydia screening, coil fitting, checking and removal
- Cryotherapy - clinic held on Thursday afternoon.
- Ear syringing
- Family planning
- Child health and immunisations
- Dressings/removal of stitches
- Smoking cessation
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including travel.
- Shingles Vaccine - https://www.shinglesaware.co.uk/?utm_source=Ashfield&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1ShinglesAware&utm_campaign=PPVShingles2020
- Therapy for You - self referral, please ask for a form at reception
- Travel Clinic - If possible please book appointment 6 months prior to travel. Please be informed that if booking last minute travel we might not be able to offer you any full course of vaccinations required.
- Coronary Heart Disease
Additional Services provided by GPs
- Learning Disability Health Checks
- Over 75 year. If you have not been seen by a clinician within the last one year, please make an appointment for a general review.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SUPPORT
Please click on the link : Drug and Alcohol Support Groups
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES
ational Mind have a great page dedicated to managing our mental health during Coronavirus, please check it out and send the link on to anyone you think might need it:
It helps with planning to stay in doors with a check list to help people to assess if theyre ready for it; theres also National Minds online peer support community, Elefriends which you can refer people to use:
The Mental Health Foundation also has helpful tips and advice:
They also have a section on staying at home and abusive relationships:
YoungMinds has some great advice for parents and for young people around coronavirus. First focus had been dealing with coronavirus anxiety and how to manage self isolating with your family.
Click on the link below
Coping with Covid19